Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pancake Day

I have long been a lover of pancakes. My family has grown to share my love and pancakes are now a weekly special in our house. (And my kids think Dad makes the best pancakes in the world, which is no small incentive!) I was recently introduced to a new genre in the pancake world - Sweet Potato Pancakes. Thanks to a few students in the Christian Student Fellowship at SCAD, I had my first experience with Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancakes about three weeks ago. From the moment I walked into the college building I was embraced by an unfamiliar but fantastic aroma that drew me to the kitchen. As I crossed the threshold, I saw them for the first time - fluffy and brown and calling my name. Unfortunately, I had just finished dinner, so I only had a bite. But it was a bite I would not soon forget. In fact, so memorable was it, that I made an extra trip to Kroger recently to pick up a box for our weekly family pancake breakfast. Everyone loved them, even baby William. So don't wait...what could be better on a cool, holiday morning (or evening) than sweet potato pancakes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment